Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear John, Dear New York

Okay, New York. We need to talk. Things have been rocky with us lately. I’m giving my all to you and lately it doesn’t seem to be enough. I care about you, so I’m going to be completely honest. There’s someplace else. A place from my past. It’s California . I thought it was behind me when I moved to be with you. But truthfully, I don’t think I ever really let it go.

The thing is, I’m not ready to let go of you, either. I still love you. I think it’s best if we spend some time apart for me to decide what I need. Just for a while. If we’re meant to be together, it could make us stronger. Maybe a break can help you work out some of your issues with money and the way you’ve been treating people. We both need to decide if we can really make each other happy.

I’ll be spending some time back in California for a change of scene and society. I know you’re both completely different places, but the time apart will do us good. I need to appreciate you again.

In the meantime, you eat your food and I'll eat mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment