Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cake Wreck

I just finished reading Cake Wrecks by Jen Yates, a coffee table book that is exactly as it sounds. I love this woman. Her premise is genius in its simplicity: when professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong. And oh, do they. Her wit is sharp and dead-on accurate. Check out her blog here.

I especially love that she's being seasonal, as with an example of a frightening bunny cake here.

If you are not familiar with the cupcake cake, consider yourself lucky. It basically involves cramming a bunch of them together and smearing an insane amount of frosting over the top (and coming from me, that says a lot).

Jen was guessing this is supposed to be some kind of hamburger theme? Anyone? For many of these photos there are no words- only hysterical laughter. Jen finds the perfect words for all we want to say and more.
These photos are only a taste, and make me feel better about myself and all those tortes I destroyed during pastry school. Thanks for brightening my world, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment