Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Swimming Upstream

What a week! I haven't felt this busy in a looooong time. Don't ask me what I've been doing, I honestly have no idea. I've been dragging during the day because I stay up too late going through my checklist of dumb things to do. I ran around Manhattan all last week walking dogs, nannying, running errands, making silly phone calls. I'm determined it will all get done eventually.

I'm pretty sure I'm not spawning, but I can definitely empathize with the diligent salmon while I swim upstream. By "empathize with," I really mean eat.

I made an easy pan-seared salmon with garlic butter and cracked black pepper, and served with a simple salad of romaine, smoked gouda and goddess dressing. Finish your salmon in the oven if you don't know your stove very well. The most even way to cook fish is to continue splashing it with the oil or butter from the pan with a large spoon (and this will speed up the cooking as well).

When life gets busy, I reach for junk food. I'm glad this meal isn't letting my diet take a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment