Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ms. Fix-It

Ever since I finished my pre-apprenticeship, I've been looking at New York with different eyes. Carpenter eyes. Or wannabe architect eyes.

I do double takes at plasterwork and hardware. And beautiful doorways.

Just keep me away from those hideous new "luxury apartments" inspired by 1970s communist architecture that are so popular in Williamsburg these days. Sorry, I'm not into cinder blocks or the slapdash, cheap construction look. I can't keep it out of my neighborhood, but I can keep it out of my blog- so no photo.
To the people who preserve the integrity of their neighborhood by renovating instead of tearing down, I applaud you. If only Brooklyn could be a little more like Manhattan on this subject.
Here's one I would love to get my hands on:
If renovating isn't your thing, there are other options:

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment