Sunday, November 22, 2009

Coffee without the Fuss

I've gotten a bit lazy when I'm in the Financial District. No matter how tired and bleary-eyed I am, there seems to be a Starbucks on every corner, and halfway up every block. One of these days I need to take a count of how many I pass from the Fulton Street stop to Water Street.
That's why it was so refreshing to try something new, at the suggestion of my beautiful godsister, Madeleine. She's lived in that neighborhood for several months and guided us to Zibetto Espresso Bar.

I have gotten more straightforward with my coffee as I get older, and usually go for a simple house brew or an Americano, in this case. Madeleine had a latte with an unusually adorned foam:

It was worth it to not have to wait in a line going out the door. Also ironic was being in an Italian coffee joint and ordering coffee in English instead of java jive. I'm going back just for that.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment