Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Other Julia


Today I met with my friend Julia, fellow Brooklynite. In addition to being an avid coutdoorswoman and climbing extraordinaire, she is a seasoned fashion designer who works for Mint. One of the things I love most about her is that despite her sophisticated training, she never passes judgment on anyone else's style sense (or lack of it, as in my case).
We caught up on our accumulated adventures and climbing news, and Julia shared her lovely winter salad with me. She is as adventurous in her approach with food as she is on the crag! I'm now inspired to start incorporating more pomegranate into my repertoire- real pomegranate and not just the pre-packaged seeds.
Here's what was in it:

-arugula
-pomegranate seeds
-parmesan cheese
-cherry tomatoes
-red onion
-oil and vinegar
So simple. So good. And it goes great with mimosas.

No comments:

Post a Comment