Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sarah's Sensationally Simple and Sophisticated Salad

Yum! Another great dinner at a friend's house while I'm couch surfing my way back to my place in Brooklyn. I often forget how wonderful food can be when at its simplest. My friend, Sarah, reminded me of that with a beautiful salad- and it's all about the dressing and just a few ingredients.

Here's all it took to make it happen:

2 big handfuls of baby arugula (approx. 2 oz.)
1 pear, sliced (I like it with the skin on for more nutrition)
Shredded parmesan cheese
Mango dressing- Olde Cape Cod Zesty Mango Vinaigrette is what she had in the cupboard


It also goes well whether your slumming it for dinner (i.e. frozen pizza, as in our case), or accompanying something more elegant.

Stay classy, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment