Monday, November 16, 2009

La Senorita en la Esquina

There are eateries in New York that I pass frequently and always say I'll go to, and never do. Today is not going to be one of those days. While walking dogs in Soho today, I keep passing La Esquina (at Kenmare on the corner, no doubt). This adorable taco stand beckons me with its smells and diner joint atmosphere, and looks like the perfect place to go for a quick lunch.

Thank goodness I went. And thank goodness I live in Brooklyn and not across the street from this place. Tacos are one of my weaknesses, and quesadillas are another. After a lot of hemming and hawing, I went with the quesadilla de huitlacoche- mexican truffle, roasted corn, epazote, mushrooms, and queso chihuahua (which I feel like I should know what it is, but couldn't tell you). Please do me a favor and look at the menu link if you can't actually go get the real deal, because my cell phone picture will never do it justice.





This was a rarety for me since I'm a meaty kind of girl. I'm trying to eat more vegetarian options when I go out because I've been surprised to find I don't miss the meat. Next time, I'm diving head first into their tacos. There are over a dozen to choose from, so that's going to annoy the poor soul standing behind me in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment