Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Carbs with a Side of Meat

I told myself when I got back to New York I would start being better to my body and make more sound food choices. But not today. My body is screaming for beef, starch, grease ... and maybe a cold beverage to help me digest it all.

After a long day walking dogs in Manhattan and too busy for a lunch break, I headed back to Williamsburg with just enough time for a meal before meeting up with my fellowship group. I was tempted by the no-nonsense Kellogg's Diner on Metropolitan and Union (which is always good when you just want something hot, fast, and filling), but my eye drew me across the street.

El Moderno is a Mexican restaurant I notice whenever I walk by, but never go into. My expectations weren't super high, so it seemed like a perfect time to give it a try.

The thrill of this place was having a $3 margarita on the rocks during happy hour, plus a $6 Mexican burger with cheese and jalapenos that was pretty darn good. I can't vouch for the "authentic" Mexican food it boasts, but felt like I got a lot for a little, and the rest of the prices are incredibly reasonable for the area. Feel free to check out the rest of the menu here. (Limit your time on the homepage because the music is a bit over the top.)




Goal for tomorrow: Now that you've had yet another cheeseburger, try to get some veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment